In today’s episode of “The Breakdown”, NLW provides a basic introduction to the escalating political crisis in Kazakhstan. He covers :
- Basic economic overview of the country and modern political history.
- The increase in the price of fuel that sparked protests on Sunday.
- How the protests spread throughout the week and become a larger set of grievances.
- The country’s dramatic decision to shut down the Internet.
- The implications for bitcoin mining.
- Where are things today?
“The Breakdown” is written, produced and features Nathaniel Whittemore aka NLW, with editing by Rob Mitchell and Michele Musso, research by Scott Hill and additional production support by Eleanor Pahl. Adam B. Levine is our executive producer and our musical theme is “Countdown” by Neon Beach. The music you heard today behind our sponsor is “Time” by OBOY. Image credit: Mikhail Svetlov / Getty Images Europe, modified by CoinDesk. Join the discussion on discord.gg/VrKRrfKCz8.