Purine is also high in kidney beans, green peas, spinach, lentils and high-fat foods like milk and curd.
Purine is found in high amounts in Mushroom and Cabbage, so doctors recommend not to eat cabbage and mushrooms when uric acid increases.
Things like alcohol and nonways are responsible for increasing uric acid in the body. Due to increase of uric acid in the body, other organs are affected. According to myUpchar, due to excess of uric acid, there can be many problems like joint pain, swelling in the body, kidney disease and obesity. There is also a risk of fatal diseases like blood pressure, thyroid and diabetes if uric acid increases. However, the body already contains some amount of uric acid, which can range from 3.5 to 7.2 mg per dl. If more than this amount of uric acid is found, then it is called high uric acid problem. Uric acid is formed by the breakdown of a protein called purine present in the body. In order to not increase uric acid in the body, for this, you should avoid the consumption of those things, which are high in purine.
Avoid mushrooms and cabbage
Purine is found in high amounts in mushrooms and cabbage, so doctors recommend not to eat cabbage and mushrooms if uric acid increases. In addition, purine is also high in rajma, green peas, spinach, lentils and high-fat foods like milk and curd. Therefore, these things should also be avoided.
Avoid consumption of these things
People who have increased uric acid in their body should avoid sugar. A research has found that people who take such a diet, which is high in fructose, can have gout disease. Apart from this, the consumption of things like non-veg, seafood and alcohol should be avoided, because they all contain high amounts of purine, which increases the risk of increasing uric acid in the body.
This remedy will be helpful in reducing uric acid
- According to myUpchar, drinking black cherry juice reduces uric acid. This is a very beneficial recipe for patients suffering from arthritis or kidney stone problem. Black cherry has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which help in reducing uric acid.
- The best way to control uric acid is to drink as much water as possible. In fact, water dilutes uric acid, through which uric acid is released from the body through urine.
- Apple vinegar helps in reducing uric acid from the body. Due to the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties present in it, it maintains alkaline acid balance in the body. Apple vinegar helps in reducing uric acid, increasing the pH level of the blood.
- Food made with olive oil is beneficial for the body. It contains a lot of vitamin E, which reduces uric acid.
- Eating lentils, beans, soybeans and tofu etc. also reduces uric acid.Our article for more information, Increased uric acid Read.Health related articles on News18 are written by myUpchar.com. MyUpchar is the country’s first and largest source for verified health news. In myUpchar, researchers and journalists, along with doctors, bring all the information related to health for you.
Disclaimer: The information in this article is for educational purposes in relation to certain health conditions and their possible treatment. It is not a healthcare, screening, diagnosis and treatment option offered by a qualified and licensed physician. If you, your child or someone close is experiencing any such health problem, which is mentioned here, contact the doctor as soon as possible. Do not use the information given here for diagnosis or treatment of any health related problem or disease without expert advice. If you do this, neither myUpchar nor News18 will be responsible for any possible loss to you in such a situation.